[Samba] samba4 replication issues | sam.ldb inconsistency

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Jul 9 06:31:25 MDT 2014

Hi achim, list

> If one of your two DC's is still working flawless you can try to move
> all fsmo roles to that server and rejoin the other one.
But I'm not *sure* that one of my dc's is in perfect shape. I *know*
that the DC=DOMAINDNSZONES on dc1 is corrupt.

DC2 seems to be fine, however, samba-tool dbcheck cross-ncs never stops
checking, and has been running for 18 hours now. So perhaps dc2 is not
healthy too?

samba-tool fsmo show tells me that all roles are currently on the DC1.

I'm a bit hesitant to start messing with my AD (transferring roles,
etc), because of the uncertain state it seems to be in. I'm not sure if
I'll be able to reverse it, if this goes terribly wrong.

If I *knew* that DC2 is healthy, I could transfer all roles there, etc.
But as Daniel said: he had to reinstall a DC because of "samba-tool
dbcheck cross-ncs" that never ended. (like the situation on my DC2)

> Seems tdbbackup works on dc1 for
> DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=SAMBA,DC=COMPANY,DC=COM.ldb maybe using the backup
> fixes your issues.
So, is it possible to use take the
DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=SAMBA,DC=COMPANY,DC=COM.ldb from the working dc,
and copy it to the problem dc? Can I overwrite the corrupt file with
another dc's file?

Or is my best bet now to install a DC3, and see what gets replicated to
that new dc?

MJ