[Samba] samba4 replication issues | sam.ldb inconsistency

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Jul 9 05:24:33 MDT 2014

Hi Daniel, list,

Ok, so it sounds as if we're in serious problems, with a (separate?)
issue on both dc1 and dc2. Yet nobody else (thank you, Daniel!) is
responding at all...

Does nobody know how to handle a situation like this? Has no one ever
been here? All help would be DEEPLY appreciated... Again, to resume:

We have two dc's:
On dc2: samba-tool dbcheck cross-ncs" has been checking 187478 objects
for 18 hours or so, but "tdbbackup -v" tells me all ldb's are healty

On dc1: root at dc1:/var/log/samba# samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs
ltdb:
tdb(/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=SAMBA,DC=COMPANY,DC=COM.ldb):
tdb_rec_read bad magic 0x198 at offset=1044437120
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - Indexed and full searches both failed!

On both DC's the DC=DOMAINDNSZONES ldb file is ten times bigger than the
other ldb files. Not sure if that's normal.

What to do?
- Add a third (new, fresh) DC, and hope it will sync successfully?
- copy the DC=DOMAINDNSZONES ldb from dc2 to dc1?

Fortunately the network still seems to be running fine.