[Samba] post exec and session close

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 08:28:47 MST 2014

I have a need to perform and action an a file set after they are copied to
a share. It looks like the post exec option will do what I need but I am
wonder how long windows will keep a session open to a share?

If we have a script that copies a file set to \\someserver\myshare when can
I reasonably assume that the connection is closed the the post exec action
is taken? I have written some python that is called by the post exec action
and it seems to work as expected except for not knowing when windows will
close the connection. Google search for when windows closes connections
didn't inform me of much other than bugs in the windows tcp.sys driver for
windows server 2003.

Any good 'rules' that I can assume will be followed as to when post exec
might occur?

--
David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476