[Samba] sernet samba 4.1.4 bind9 putrr: unhandled record type 0 ( tested again with 4.1.3 Debian)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jan 20 05:57:25 MST 2014

Ok,

I completely remove my 2 (sernet) samba  servers from the windows AD.
recheck my dns entries, removed that what had to be removed.

I reinstalled 1 samba4 ( recompiled version from debian sid 4.1.3 )
joined the domain, checked the replication and....

still having : samba b9_putrr: unhandled record type 0 but.
compaired to the 4.1.4 version (sernet) , im having just a few messages now.

with 4.1.4 i had about 30 messages per sec.
now 4.1.3-Debian about 80 per 10 min.

samba-tool drs showrepl now has 0 errors.

Now i reinstalled my (sernet) samba 4.1.4, did exacly the samba as the server 1,

2 difference are the packages and the version.
4.1.3 Debian ( rebuild from SID )
4.1.4 Sernet

looking at my logs, and again...

samba-tool drs showrepl on the sernet 4.1.4
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=mydomain
        Default-First-Site-Name\DebianSamba4 via RPC
                DSA object GUID: d8591b76-f807-46be-abbc-2009879ccdb2
                Last attempt @ Mon Jan 20 13:27:59 2014 CET failed, result 2 (WERR_BADFILE)
                2 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ NTTIME(0)

samba-tool drs showrepl on the debian 4.1.3
DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain
        Default-First-Site-Name\SernetSamba4 via RPC
                DSA object GUID: 49089347-a465-4526-ac6c-549d9f29ff23
                Last attempt @ Mon Jan 20 13:26:32 2014 CET failed, result 2 (WERR_BADFILE)
                1 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ NTTIME(0)

after this i removed the sernet samba again totaly from the ad.
samba-tool drs showrepl on the debian 4.1.3
0 erros.

reinstalled the Debian 4.1.3 on the (just before sernet samba ) server.
and same as the first server much less messages.

both servers: samba-tool drs kcc      check ok.

both servers: samba-tool drs showrepl gives :
==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
On both servers, samba4 2 samba4 :  result 2 (WERR_BADFILE)
On both servers, windows 2 samba4 :  result Ok.

==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
On both servers, samba4 2 samba4 :  result Ok.
On both servers, windows 2 samba4 :  result Ok.

so conclusion.

Windows + 1 samba4 server results in all Ok.
Windows + 2 samba4 server results in INBOUND errors between the 2 samba servers.
with a few amba b9_putrr: unhandled record type 0 messages.

and
Windows + 2 samba4 server results in INBOUND AND OUTBOUND errors between the 2 samba servers.
with samba 4.1.4 results in about 30 messages per second

So something changed in the 4.1.4 version but what?

Best regards,

Louis