[Samba] userPrincipalName question

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu Jan 16 04:16:33 MST 2014

Hi all,

We're still experimenting with the samba3 -> samba4 upgrade. Lot's of
nice progression. :-)

ANyway: my question is how to deal with the userPrincipalName AD field.
The classicupgrade does not fill this field. Reading up on it, tells me
that it appears to be required, and should be something like
username at samba4.domain

Is this correct? How do you generally deal with this? Do we need to set it?

FYI: I have written a php script to migrate many of our samba3 ldap
attributes to samba4. If anyone is interested..? (it's nothing special,
but does the trick)

Kind regards,
Mourik Jan

--