[Samba] Samba and CEPH

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Wed Feb 26 16:02:34 MST 2014

Greetings all!

I am in the process of deploying a POC around SAMBA and CEPH.  I'm
having some trouble locating concise instructions on how to get them to
work together (without having to mount CEPH to the computer first and
then exporting that mount via SAMBA).

Right now, my stopper is trying to locate ceph.so for x64 CentOS 6.5.

[2014/02/26 15:05:23.923617,  0] ../lib/util/modules.c:56(load_module)
   Error loading module '/usr/lib64/samba/vfs/ceph.so':
/usr/lib64/samba/vfs/ceph.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Of course, if I could find a more up-to-date SAMBA4 package for Centos,
that would be great as well...
[root at mgr yum.repos.d]# smbd --version
Version 4.0.0rc4

If anyone could help me out here, that would be great!

Thanks!

Ron Gage