[Samba] Samba 3.6.22 corrupting filesystem on AIX

Thierry CHARLES t.charles at infass.com
Wed Feb 12 09:36:44 MST 2014

Hi,

I have compiled then installed Samba 3.6.22 on my AIX 5.2.

When I start SMBD it systematicaly corrupts the filesystem on which it
is installed and fails to start

I start SMBD on an other port because an old samba (2.2.8) is already
running and I have to validate 3.6.22 before shuting down the old one.

You'll see more informations bellow :
- smbd output
- IBM errpt corruption report

Does anyone have an idea about this ?

Thierry

the SMBD output ( "Invalid file system control data detected"
corresponds to the filesystem corruption ):

  175 ) LIBPATH=/i/infext/samba-3.6.22/lib/ ./smbd -i -S --port=13900,44500 -d 1 --configfile /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
smbd version 3.6.22 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2011
WARNING: The "printer admin" option is deprecated
WARNING: The security=share option is deprecated
WARNING: The "printer admin" option is deprecated
WARNING: The security=share option is deprecated
tdb(/i/infext/samba-3.6.22/private/secrets.tdb): expand_file to 24576 failed (Invalid file system control data detected)
tdb(/i/infext/samba-3.6.22/private/secrets.tdb): tdb_recovery_allocate: failed to create recovery area
tdb(/i/infext/samba-3.6.22/private/secrets.tdb): tdb_transaction_prepare_commit: failed to setup recovery data
PANIC (pid 74160): could not start commit secrets db
unable to produce a stack trace on this platform
dumping core in /i/infext/samba-3.6.22/var/cores/smbd
Abort(coredump)

the ERRPT report :

  182 ) errpt -a
         LABEL:          J2_XTREE_CORRUPT
         IDENTIFIER:     ABED1BA8

         Date/Time:       Wed Feb 12 13:35:51 2014
         Sequence Number: 10280
         Machine Id:      005917BA4C00
         Node Id:         INFASSTO
         Class:           U
         Type:            UNKN
         Resource Name:   SYSJ2
         Resource Class:  NONE
         Resource Type:   NONE
         Location:
         VPD:

         Description
         FILE SYSTEM CORRUPTION

         Probable Causes
         INVALID FILE SYSTEM CONTROL DATA

                 Recommended Actions
                 PERFORM FULL FILE SYSTEM RECOVERY USING FSCK UTILITY
                 OBTAIN DUMP
                 CHECK ERROR LOG FOR ADDITIONAL RELATED ENTRIES
                 IF PROBLEM PERSISTS, CONTACT APPROPRIATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE

         Detail Data
         FILE NAME
         j2_xtree.c
         LINE NUMBER