[Samba] Samba 3.6.22 corrupting filesystem on AIX

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 12 14:49:21 MST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 17:36 +0100, Thierry CHARLES wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have compiled then installed Samba 3.6.22 on my AIX 5.2.
>
> When I start SMBD it systematicaly corrupts the filesystem on which it
> is installed and fails to start

I would suggest it is the opposite.  Your file system is corrupt, and
Samba is encountering that corruption when attempting to enlarge a TDB.

Samba is a user-space application, if it can corrupt your file system or
crash your kernel, then it is a kernel bug, not a Samba issue.

Samba is regularly used on AIX, so I strongly suspect this is a
system-specific issue, and I would take every measure to secure the data
on your server before the corruption claims something even more
important.

Also, do confirm this isn't something silly like just being out of disk
space.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett