[Samba] Conflicting objectSid

Shem Pasamba shemgp at aiias.edu
Sun Feb 9 21:16:39 MST 2014

Hi all,

I'm having a problems with leaving and joining a client to the domain.
I'm using samba-4.1.4 as an AD server.  When I join and leave and join
and leave after a while this error comes up:

Failed to join domain: failed to join domain 'AIIAS' over rpc:
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

And when I look at the logs it says:

Failed to re-index objectSid in
CN=sambatest,CN=Computers,DC=aiias,DC=edu -
../lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1216: Failed to re-index objectSid in
CN=sambatest,CN=Computers,DC=aiias,DC=edu - ../l

I went to debug the samba server and I discovered that it was having
conflicts with the SID of another user. Meaning the newly created dn for
the computer is conflicting with an added user.  These users where
imported using pdbedit -i tdbsam:smbpasswd.tdb -u <user>.  How can I
avoid this problem?

Thank you for your replies.

Sincerely,

Shem Pasamba