[Samba] Windows drive mapping using alternate port

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Thu Feb 6 12:22:33 MST 2014

Help.  I've got an Ubuntu server running fine with Samba.  I can connect
remotely using an iPhone app using an alternate port number that I've
configured to NAT to port 445 through my firewall.  But, my ISP has blocked
port 445 for security reasons and I have no way of Mapping a drive in a
remote Windows machine because port 445 is blocked and there doesn't seem to
be any way to edit it or use an alternative port number.  I was hoping
there's a client software that could resolve this, or some other way of
remotely mapping shares to my server.  I do not have any local machines
inside the server local network, all the users are remote and work from
home.  Right now we're utilizing a cloud share provider but we want to bring
everything in-house but I can't seem to get this to work.  L

Thanks.

Kris