[Samba] Joining Linux to a samba4 DC?

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Tue Feb 4 09:22:35 MST 2014

Hello,

I'm running a test setup with samba4 and a windows7 client which works fine
so far.

Now I try to also join a Linux machine to get a single sign-on setup.

However, this does not work. All I get is the following:

root at linuxclient:~# net ads -U Administrator join
Enter Administrator's password:
kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: Invalid credentials
Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Invalid credentials

Samba on both sides of the story is 4.1.3 from debian backports.

Here is what /etc/samba/smb.conf currently looks like:

[global]
	security = ads
	workgroup = SAMDOM
	realm = SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM
	netbios name = linuxclient
	kerberos method = system keytab
	server role = member server

Regards

Sven

--
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly"
(Henry Spencer)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web