[Samba] Big Problems with samba 4.1 and mdb files

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Tue Feb 4 08:28:55 MST 2014

On 2/4/2014 10:06 AM, Jörg Mayer wrote:
> It works well with a win7 as a server. Win7 should use the newer
> protocols, too? Win2008 and win2012 should be no problem.

Not sure.  Can't recall whether Win7 was SMB2 or SMB2.1.  I just have a
mental note that servers past Win2003 era do not mix well with MDBs on
the file share being accessed by multiple users.

(Which is why we are migrating or have migrated our MDBs to PostgreSQL
and are using ODBC links.)

Only hit I found so far this morning is this one from 2008:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-August/142560.html