[Samba] Member Server Setup Assistance

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:07:59 MST 2014

Rowland,

     I decided to start over with a fresh install and attempted again.
Only change I made was to start my mappings at 10000. I gave 'Domain
Users' group gid 10000 and 'tuser' has uid 10001. Still didn't work btw.

  dn: CN=Test User,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
cn: Test User
sn: User
givenName: Test
instanceType: 4
whenCreated: 20141231172021.0Z
displayName: Test User
uSNCreated: 477557
name: Test User
objectGUID: 90f95763-fe52-42b9-af86-8a84a4d5dd78
userAccountControl: 66048
codePage: 0
countryCode: 0
pwdLastSet: 130645200220000000
primaryGroupID: 513
objectSid: S-1-5-21-940051827-2291820289-3341758437-3126
accountExpires: 9223372036854775807
sAMAccountName: tuser
sAMAccountType: 805306368
userPrincipalName: tuser at domain.local
objectCategory: CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local
unixUserPassword: ABCD!efgh12345$67890
uid: tuser
msSFU30Name: tuser
msSFU30NisDomain: domain
uidNumber: 10001
loginShell: /bin/sh
unixHomeDirectory: /home/tuser
gidNumber: 10000
whenChanged: 20141231185807.0Z
uSNChanged: 477620
distinguishedName: CN=Test User,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local

--
-James