[Samba] Samba 4.1.14 Domain Controller as file server and internal winbind

Bruno Andrade bma at eurotux.com
Tue Dec 30 05:27:57 MST 2014

Hi,

Im running a domain controller (AD DC) and file server, on the same
machine, with sernet-samba 4.1.14.

Right now, I have a process using almost 100% CPU all the time. After
'samba-tool processes' I found that the process is winbind_server.

On samba wiki page, they don't recommend using domain controller as file
server because winbind issues.

I already have other domain controller and file server, running without
problem.

Why is not recommended using domain controller as file server?
What issues exists in winbind in this kind of environment?

Regards,
Bruno Andrade.