[Samba] setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 19 06:36:44 MST 2014

On 19/12/14 13:22, Rich Webb wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm not trying to add the "users" group.  I'm
> trying to add the "Domain Users" group.  That is the reason for the \ in
> front of the space.  It's translated as a literal.  I think I could also
> put quotes around it and not have to use the \ and the space.
>
> The problem is getent group only is listing local unix groups.  I think
> that is why setfacl is not able to add active directory groups to the
> acl.

That may be your problem, 'getent group' will not show any domain group,
but 'getent group <a domain group>' should show the domain group.

If you are running samba4 in AD mode, then you are running winbind,
though you may not be **using** it.

Can you post what OS & samba packages you are using.

Rowland