[Samba] Samba 4 problems

Tim rintimtim at gmx.net
Fri Dec 19 01:17:25 MST 2014

I think Rowland meant to use rfc2307 attributes in your domain. Therefore it is needed to provision your domain with --use-rfc2307 parameter. When you have done this the schema doesn't need to be extended.

When you are using ADUC in Windows, are you seeing a Unix tab in preferences of a user or group?
If not you need to install the "Server for NIS Tools" extension for ADUC.
Then you can Unix attribs in ADUC.

Regards
Tim