[Samba] setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

Rich Webb rwebb at zylatech.com
Thu Dec 18 16:28:53 MST 2014

I just tried that and I got the same error.  I think there is some
extended acl support that I'm missing somewhere.

It's like the setfacl command is not recognizing the AD groups as valid
groups.

I should also add the following information:

This server is built up on CentOS 6.6 Minimal using the Sernet-Samba
Enterprise packages.

It looks like the binary that is running is /usr/sbin/samba and that is
started with /etc/rc.d/init.d/sernet-samba-ad start

Rich

> I tried setting the permissions from the command line using:
>
> setfacl -R -m g:MYDOM\\domain\ users:rwx ./shared
>
> and it gives me:
>
> setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

You should enter:

setfacl -Rm g:MYDOM\\domain\ users:rwx ./shared