[Samba] [Workaround] Strange problem with pdbedit -Lv : missing users ?

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Tue Dec 16 10:04:53 MST 2014

Dear all,

This problem is not solved but just to keep you informed I found some
kind of work-around:

If I do :

# pdbedit -Lv | grep pmisth

(Nothing is shown, user is missing from pdbedit ???)

But I can do this, if I know the user exists:

# pdbedit -Lv -u pmisth | grep Unix
Unix username: pmisth

Therefore it doesn't solve the problem, but it is enough for me, as what
I need is this:

# pdbedit -Lv -u pmisth | grep "User SID"
User SID: S-1-5-21-4267546850-1930090071-418296841-3302

Denis