[Samba] samba slowing down

Cj Tibbetts cjtibbetts at heritageacademyaz.com
Mon Dec 15 14:06:43 MST 2014

The longer our samba runs the more delayed the responses become. Samba has
been running for 5 months but this new development was noticed 2 weeks ago.
The first major sign of the issue was a new DC was trying to join and
failed due to timeout errors. At close look we see performance degradation
within a few hours or when we try to join a new DC.

smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = AD
        realm = AD.HA.NET <http://ad.ha.net/>
        netbios name = HAM1
        dns forwarder = 10.1.254.2
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/ad.ha.net/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No