[Samba] store profiles where?

Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Tue Dec 16 04:58:16 MST 2014

Seems somewhat odd that Samba4 has developed into "THE MEMBER SERVER
PROVISIONING OPTION ISN'T WORKING YET. SET UP THE SERVER THROUGH THE
TRADITIONAL WAY AS DESCRIBED BELOW." (from the Samba wiki.)

Because I did not want to run a more complex Virtualbox setup with a
small VM running the DC "inside". I choose to create a DC on a separate
computer (for now an older retired P3 I had sitting around.) My thinking
is, when the time came and the developers had solved the "Member Server
provisioning" issue, the DC would be simpler to merge into the file
server. The simpler the DC, the easier the merge will be.

Therefore, any and all file shares need to be stored on the file server.
Even the profile shares, need to be stored on the fileserver.

Thanks for your thoughts, Stephen.

---

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2014-12-16 01:59, Stefan Kania wrote:

Links:
------
[1] http://www.donelsontrophy.com