[Samba] kcc triggered every 5 minutes?

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Wed Dec 10 04:00:00 MST 2014

Hi all,

some background :
=====
recently I had to cleanup a network of 1 DC on main office and 5 RODC on
remote location. On one RODC for some reason there where still
ntdsConnection objects  with fromServer attribute pointing to servers
GUID that do not exists anymore.

Those fromServer attribute with spurious guid can be seen with ldbsearch
but cannot be seen through ldap connexion, so I think that is why I had
the following message every 5 minutes from the kcc:

Dec 10 10:52:17 debian-dc02 samba[8085]: [2014/12/10 10:52:17.810583,
0] ../source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_connection.c:127(kccsrv_delete_connection)
Dec 10 10:52:17 debian-dc02 samba[8085]:   failed to delete an
nTDSConnection object: No such attribute

That samba4 replication was seriously screwed up a few weeks ago, so I
guess it was still relics of those time and I don't think it is
necessary to bug report. I just ldbdel'ed the spurious entries and kcc
is happy from now.
=====

so the question : the kcc error message came up every 5 minutes. I
thought that kcc was supposed to run every 15 minutes?

Cheers,

Denis
--
Denis Cardon