[Samba] Samba embedded device?

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 06:31:22 MST 2014

> Are you planing on offering and storage ? I just build node 804 (54$ case)
> it supports 12 hard hard drives. I am using semptron 3825 quad core 25
> watts. asrock itx motherboard  16gb of ram. so far i have 16tb. There are
> extended itx motherboard with 14 sata ports and xeon.support. I know there
> is distro that provides community edition of samba and openchange and it
> has nice web interface for managing users and etc. I use remote admin tools
> from microsoft to maintain samba

If you don't mind running Ubuntu I've got a preseed that creates a
RAID1 and installs Ubuntu 14.04.1, updates the OS, does some
configuration. The installer also installs the prerequisites for the
AD DC and downloads the sources. If you are more interested in Samba
file- and printserver capabilites, the installer downloads a Shell
script that installs Sernet Samba. With some minor editing you can, of
course, install the AD DC from Sernet.

The drawback, for the moment, is that it creates one (1) big mirror
(md) for boot+root and not using LVM. I think it should be fixed
before the release of Samba 4.2. It would be beneficial to make a
md/LVM-configuration as Samba 4.2 comes with the Snapper module.

If you find it interesting, please download syslinux.cfg
(http://www.datadilikatesser.se/pub/linux/dilibuntu/syslinux.cfg) and
replace the one that UNetBootIn provides when creating a install-USB.

Preseed:http://www.datadilikatesser.se/pub/linux/dilibuntu/datadilikatesser.seed

Comments and improvements are most welcome. And I guess this isn't
material for this list.

Regards
Davor