[Samba] your scripts

Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Mon Dec 8 05:48:03 MST 2014

To L.P.H. van Belle,

I had seen your scripts suggested before.The only part that concerned me
was that they are written for Debian and I am an Ubuntu guy. I know it
seems silly and I agree that there is very little difference between
Debian and Ubuntu but, what if . . . what if some small difference is
enough to give me headaches because I "tried it on Ubuntu".

Keeping life as simple as possible while trying to maintain an all
Ubuntu system has been a challenge lately with a single CentOS box in
the mix. (Simple things like I use bittorrent sync and had issues with
getting it working to my satisfaction on CentOS. There is very little
documentation out there for btsync on CentOS and there is alot out there
for Ubuntu and btsync. And btsync is just one example of my challenges.)

So, it is my combination of software requirements and test time
availability that took me the direction that I did.

And the pride of . . . struggling through (mostly) myself. Reading and
thinking while figuring 'it' out along the way.

In the end, I got there. A functional Ubuntu Samba4 server for my needs.

If time permits there could be a member server in the future. Your
scripts may come into play, yet. Thanks.
--

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]