[Samba] [samba] OpenLDAP proxy to samba4 AD

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 07:32:25 MST 2014

Hello Marc,

I appreciate your response, as well as the other members. Reading your
answer, I believe I found what I wanted. Option 3, the principle is what I
need right now. I'll try to explain.

Today in production, we have the samba3 + openldap. The samba3 is installed
on a freebsd, but has some problems that we can not detect. My boss does
not want to drop the openldap now. We have discussed about it, and he does
not want. :D

Let's get this straight. What you say under option 3, can I upgrade to
Samba4 and continue using openldap the same way we are using now, ie samba3
+ openldap. Then would be, Samba4 (without AD DC) + openldap. Would that be?

--
Elias Pereira