[Samba] System ACL and Samba ACL

Litel Wang litelwang at 126.com
Sun Aug 31 00:44:41 MDT 2014

My destination is :/Example(folder) / ITD(folder) / LW(folder) ,user(lw) of group(ITD) can enter and do everything(rwx) in LW(folder),the following is ACL settings On Freebsd:
-----------------------
/Example(folder) :
# owner: root
# group: wheel
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x
---------------------
/Example(folder) / ITD(folder):
# owner: root
# group: wheel
user::rwx
group::r-x
group:ITD:r-x      *****************('rx' for ITD group,please notice that other has 'r' only )
mask::r-x
other::r--            *****************(r for other only)
------------------------------
/Example(folder) / ITD(folder) / LW(folder):
# owner: root
# group: wheel
user::rwx
user:lw:rwx    ***************('rwx' for special user lw)
group::r-x
mask::rwx
other::r--             *****************('r' for other only)
It woks very well when i use ssh-client and it is just the same as the Posix ACL details(group ITD has 'rx' even if  other only has 'r')。user(lw) can enter /Example(folder) / ITD(folder) and do everything(rwx) in LW(folder).And other user can't enter /Example(folder) / ITD(folder) because no 'x' permittion besides ITD group.
but when I shared /Example(folder) in samba4 with rw(writable),after login(user lw ) by Windows Neibourhood(Windows xp), I can't  enter Example(folder) / ITD(folder)。
I guest Samb has  check ITD has only 'r' for other ,so 'ITD' group should have only 'r' and  give up 'x' . Maye I am Wrong with something?

Any suggestions?Thanks.