[Samba] dnsbackend options question

Craig Cigas craig at cigasmachine.com
Thu Aug 28 17:02:13 MDT 2014

Ryan,

Fair observation. What I didn't mention is this is a legacy forest that
began life at the Win2k mixed functional level so there's lots of
accumulated fluff that's making life difficult. I was just exploring the
alternatives.

Somewhere in active directory is a reference to a local subnet we
decommissioned probably 7 or 8 years ago. BIND on the joined as dc Samba box
loads all the valid zones just fine then dies when it tried to process the
broken subnet records.

Craig