[Samba] replication issues solved by adding GUID names to /etc/hosts

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 27 00:22:21 MDT 2014

Hai Mourik Jan,

host bd6bdc30-c9b2-4fd4-9bdc-4230fec98d59._msdcs.internal.domain.tld
bd6bdc30-c9b2-4fd4-9bdc-4230fec98d59._msdcs.internal.domain.tld is an alias for rtd-dc1.internal.domain.tld.
rtd-dc1.internal.domain.tld has address 192.168.0.1
root at rtd-dc1:~# ping bd6bdc30-c9b2-4fd4-9bdc-4230fec98d59._msdcs.internal.domain.tld
ping: unknown host bd6bdc30-c9b2-4fd4-9bdc-4230fec98d59._msdcs.internal.domain.tld

and samba-tool drs showrepl shows 0 errors.

Greetz,

Louis