[Samba] Install Exchange 2013 with Samba ADC

Jochen Wezel - CompuMaster GmbH jwezel at compumaster.de
Tue Aug 26 11:09:28 MDT 2014

Hi Sean,

> if there are any known problems with letting Exchange make the big pile of directory schema changes it needs to?
A few months ago, I tried to add a Samba as DC into my existing ADS running with pure MS servers and MS Exchange 2010 with approx. 20 users.
After that, I faced problems that after 1 or 2 days, some of the users post boxes or META data have been damaged so that I needed to repair these user mail boxes.
Since a next mail box showed the same problem after a short while, I removed the Samba DC again and since that time, I haven't seen any issues any more.

So, there might be some problems running Exchange 2010 in ADS with Samba DCs. Reasons for this behavior are as unclarified as behavior of Exchange 2013 in those environments.

Please let us know your experiences! :-)

Regards
Jochen