[Samba] Samba 4 & share permissions

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Fri Aug 22 06:02:00 MDT 2014

Hi,

I'm using Samba 4 as an AD DC and have a file server under samba 4 too.

I created a group "Share admins" with SeDiskOperatorPrivilege. Members
can administrate the share without problems except when adding an
user/adjusting permissions on existing shares. If some file is not owned
by the share admins group, I get a "Permission Denied" error. Did I miss
something? Shouldn't the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege bypass unix permissions
(which seem to be the issue here)? The wiki does not talk about this
since the operations are done through the "administrator" user which is
mapped to root.

Regards,

Sébastien