[Samba] samba-tool user to edit users..?

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu Aug 21 06:18:17 MDT 2014

Hai Louis,

I can ping filehost, but you are right: I cannot ping
filehost.samba.company.com, even though it is our main fileserver, and
(i am under the impression) joined to the AD...

Looking at smb.conf @ filehost there is no "netbios name = " line.

root at filehost:/etc# hostname -a
filehost
root at filehost:/etc# hostname -f
filehost.company.com

There is a filehost in the ADUC computers container. But when checking
out it's properties, it has an old dns name: 'filehost.olddomain.com'

So... this explains perhaps also the sssd problems we've had on this
machine. (to fix those issues, I have started to use a dedicated user
account for krb5.sssd.keytab)

Is there a way to check / verify the join..?

MJ