[Samba] Member server guide broken

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Wed Aug 20 17:21:12 MDT 2014

Steve, I question to learn. Just accepting that something works does not
explain to me how or why your way works and mine does not. I need an
understanding of how this stuff ties together so I can troubleshoot it
without always bothering the list. You didn't come into this world
knowing everything and neither did I.

As for your request, I will say this. When I added "--with-pam" to my
configure line, it worked. Assuming it was built before, maybe something
else played a role in preventing it from working, but you constantly
being sarcastic and insulting did not help. When I destroyed the old VM
I did try a build without the "--with-pam" parameter and it did build
PAM in 4.1.11, so something was wrong before, whether it was the old VM,
the buidl process barfing while the server was under a load, or just
some hiccup. It doesn't matter at this point because I have moved past it.

Now I would like to make a request of you. Stop being insulting and
sarcastic. If you feel the need to do that, keep it off-list. People
looking for help here do not need to see this. You have some sort of
very serious issue with my questions, so don't answer them. If I cannot
ask questions, why is this list here? The website directed me here to
ask questions, but even if a have a hundred, it should not anger you the
way you are. I have been completely respectful of you and Rowland, and
while Rowland did get tired of responding, he kept it civil and did not
get sarcastic. My problems are solved and I am not posting new issues so
please do not continue to attack me every time somebody bumps one of my
threads. I get it, asking questions pissed you off. I won't directly ask
you anything again. I am not here to anger anybody. In fact I apologized
to you AND Rowland personally for whatever it was I had done. I now see
that it was asking too many questions. Let me tell you, don't have kids.
They ask lots of them!

And if you are wondering why I am still subscribed, I do know quite a
few things about Linux and Samba, and if I can offer help I will. The
main reason is that I learn from others asking questions and reading
their threads. This allows me to do that quite easily.