[Samba] Symlink outside the share path

Taylor, Jonn jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Tue Aug 19 18:50:39 MDT 2014

       follow symlinks (S)

           This parameter allows the Samba administrator to stop smbd(8)
from following symbolic links in a particular share. Setting this
parameter to no
           prevents any file or directory that is a symbolic link from
being followed (the user will get an error). This option is very useful
to stop users
           from adding a symbolic link to /etc/passwd in their home
directory for instance. However it will slow filename lookups down slightly.

           This option is enabled (i.e.  smbd will follow symbolic
links) by default.

           Default: follow symlinks = yes