[Samba] Joining Second DC error -- NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET

Bruno Andrade bma at eurotux.com
Tue Aug 19 07:35:03 MDT 2014

On 08/19/2014 01:07 PM, steve wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-19 at 12:41 +0100, Bruno Andrade wrote:
>> On 08/18/2014 07:20 PM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:

>>> What's wrong with your backup?
>> I don't have it... thats the problem.
>>> As for myself would never manually try to cleanup the AD. I would be to
>>> afraid of having left references, ACLs or something else that causes
>>> side-effects. Maybe you don't see any problems now. But when they come
>>> up later, it could be really worse.
>>>
>>> If you don't have a (working) backup, you should consider going this
>>> step or maybe start from scratch - depending on the size of your
>>> installation.
>> I have made an rsync of the actual PDC to a development location and I'm
>> joining a new machine as second DC with different hostname, for example.
>> To see if something different happens.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bruno.
> Hi Bruno
> What's the situation exactly?
> 1. You made an rsync of the actual PDC to a development location:
> what is the 'actual PDC', as is, it the original DC as in this thread?
the logs that i showed in this thread are from the original DC, not the
test one. The original DC is in production.
> 2. What is the 'second DC'? To what are you joining the second DC?
The second DC is a linux machine too. Basically I have two,
geographically distant, sites. And I'm joining a second DC two the
second site. To manage authentication and fileserver properly.
> 3. Is the domain to which you attempted the join as per the thread
> subject a live domain wit people using it?
Yes, people are using the domain on the primary DC.