[Samba] [SOLVED] Problem with roaming profiles (always synced but never read)

Bruno MACADRÉ bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Thu Aug 14 09:00:28 MDT 2014

I found !!

I'm really stupid.... and Win7 too !!

My Fileserver serves a lot of shares to unix stations so I put a 'case
sensitive = yes' in the global configuration..... But when win7 store
profile on the server, it put a 'NTUSER.DAT' (all uppercase) file and
when it tries to read the profile it searches a 'ntuser.dat' (all
lowercase). Due to the 'case sensitive = yes' win7 never find his
'ntuser.dat' and never read the profile (but write it at every logoff).....

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Bruno

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Mob : +33 (0)6-74-71-45-64