[Samba] Windows 7 Logon Scripts To Not Run [Was: Four DCs, No Replication]

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Aug 13 08:37:40 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 09:54 -0400, Ryan Ashley wrote:
> I have dealt with GPOs for years. If Windows is unable to run a GPO,

It is not the GPO, that appears to work OK.  It is the user's logon
script.

I raised the debug level to 10, and I clearly see that it sees what
script is assigned; but I do not see anything that clearly relates to
trying to access that file.

    info: struct auth_user_info
        account_name             : *
            account_name             : 'adam'
        domain_name              : *
            domain_name              : 'BACKBONE'
        full_name                : *
            full_name                : 'Adam Williams'
        logon_script             : *
            logon_script             : 'cis.bat'
        profile_path             : *
            profile_path             : '\\DC\PROFILES\adam'
        home_directory           : *
            home_directory           : '\\fs.example.com\homedir'
        home_drive               : *
            home_drive               : 'F:'

> will log an error at boot and/or at user logon in either the system
> event log or the application event log. Also, have you logged into the
> workstation as an administrator and done "gpupdate /force" in a command
> prompt?

"gpudate /force" reports success.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383