[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Tue Aug 12 15:06:59 MDT 2014

Just so you know, those attributes only work in the global section. I
added them to my shares, but it does not use them. I was still unable to
access said shares after rebooting the member server to insure the
changes were accepted.

root at fs01:~# testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[install$]"
Processing section "[staff$]"
Processing section "[fbc$]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[global]
         workgroup = TRUEVINE
         realm = TRUEVINE.LAN
         security = ADS
         ntlm auth = No
         kerberos method = secrets and keytab
         local master = No
         domain master = No
         winbind enum users = Yes
         winbind enum groups = Yes
         winbind use default domain = Yes
         winbind nss info = rfc2307
         idmap config TRUEVINE:range = 10001-40000
         idmap config TRUEVINE:schema_mode = rfc2307
         idmap config TRUEVINE:backend = ad
         idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
         idmap config * : backend = tdb
         map acl inherit = Yes
         store dos attributes = Yes
         vfs objects = acl_xattr

[install$]
         comment = "Software installation files"
         path = /home/shared/install
         read only = No

[staff$]
         comment = "Staff file share"
         path = /home/shared/staff
         read only = No

[fbc$]
         comment = "Family Bible College file share"
         path = /home/shared/fbc
         read only = No

As you can see, testparm ignores them in the share sections. I will
remove them since they do not work.