[Samba] Winbind question

Chang, Jason (IW) jasonc at infinityward.com
Mon Aug 11 13:49:48 MDT 2014

few things I would like to point out
1) One thing about getent group returning 'WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND'
is result of insufficient range for sid to gid mapping. increase the range.

2) For me, using "rid" as backend for consistent gid/uid mapping works
across multiple samba. I wasn't able to get "ad" to work nicely.

3) is to make sure TDB config range and IDMAP config range doesn't overlap.
e.g
idmap config *:range 70001-80000
idmap config SAMDOM:range = 80001-160000

g'luck!

-JGC