[Samba] Winbind question

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Aug 11 09:47:03 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 17:26 +0200, Bruno MACADRÉ wrote:

> I can't specify all POSIX attributes with
> ADUC over about 5000 users by hand....

> I will fallback to rid idmap backend... it works fine

Hi
If you don't mind ids that differ between machines, then rid is the way
to go. Otherwise, script from your working rid output using getent
passwd, cut the (nice friendly colon delimited) id and then ldbmodify it
into AD as uidNumber. Any new users, just remember to add the values
when you create them.