[Samba] Samba 3.5 loses local master browser election to Win7 32bits

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 13:17:28 MDT 2014

The Win 7 x32 clients are configured to use a Wins server?  I am
assuming you have this pushed out via DHCP?        Maybe it is something
unique to a batch of computers that just happen to be running x32 vs
x64?     Apart from x32 vs x64 OS versions, is there any difference
between the x32 and x64 machines?    Windows firewall settings?

Do things like ipconfig and nbtstat show different results on the x32 vs
x64 machines?