[Samba] Samba4, sssd, new users vs. migrated users

Denis Witt denis.witt at concepts-and-training.de
Tue Apr 29 09:25:28 MDT 2014

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:55:34 +0200
steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:

> Compare the DN of a migrated user with the DN for a new user. Post
> the DNs here if you are allowed.

Hi Steve,

I noticed one thing while cleaning the DNs for posting it here. The new
users have an Attribute "unixUserPassword" which the old users are
missing. Also all new Users have the same value for this attribute.

Questions is why the difference? How to get rid of that?

> What does /etc/pam.d/common* look like?

I suppose they are fine as the migrated users works fine. But if they
are still important I can pastebin them somewhere, of course.

> What error messages do you get at failed login time?

sshd[32746]: Failed password for foobar from 10.0.2.51 port
37165 ssh2

Regards.