[Samba] Samba4, sssd, new users vs. migrated users

Denis Witt denis.witt at concepts-and-training.de
Tue Apr 29 08:47:42 MDT 2014

Hi List,

we have migrated our Samba3 Server to Samba4 using classicupgrade. The
active directory users are mapped to Linux via sssd. This works fine
for all migrated users.

New users are able to access the AD-Shares and if they got their UNIX-Attributes they are listed via "getent passwd",
(so far all same to the migrated users). Unfortunately they can't
login on Linux-Side, even if they has a correct Shell entry. All
migrated users don't have this problem at all.

Doesn't matter if I create them with Windows AD-Tools or samba-tool.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.