[Samba] Samba 4.0.17 Available for Download

Bjoern Baumbach bb at sernet.de
Thu Apr 17 05:15:40 MDT 2014

On 04/17/2014 12:47 PM, Stuart Naylor wrote:
> I don't know if there are any compile switches they provide more debugging / log options.
>
> I guess its easy to modify the start up script so that logging is at a max.

Hi Stuart

Setting the debug level is not part of the building process.
Typically you set (for exmaple) "log level = 10" in your smb.conf.

Please refer to the smb.conf man page or for example
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Client_specific_Log
for more debug options.

Alternatively you can startup samba services with "-dX", where X is a
log level (typically between 0 and 10, where 0 means "only critical
error" and 10 something like "debug info").

It's also possible to set the loglevel via the smbcontrol command.
For example "smbcontrol smbd debug 7" sets the loglevel of 7 to all
running smbd processes.

Best regards,
Björn

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de