[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

samba.20.andwin at spamgourmet.com samba.20.andwin at spamgourmet.com
Fri Apr 11 09:40:04 MDT 2014

Hi,

I've set up a Samba 4.1.6 AD controller and a Member Server according
to the Wiki. All running quite well so far. However, I've a problem
concerning file permissions. I've successfully granted the group
'MYDOM\Domain Admins' the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege. This doesn't seem
to have an effect. For members of this group (and all other users in
fact) it is only possible to change NT ACLs for files which they own.
What is the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege supposed to do?
I didn't set the 'enable privileges' parameter in smb.conf, as the man
page states that this option is deprecated and set to 'yes' by
default. However, when I run samba-tool testparm -v, it lists 'enable
privileges = No'. Should this be explicitely enabled?

Best regards
Andreas