[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

david.lloyd at fsmail.net david.lloyd at fsmail.net
Fri Apr 11 09:59:50 MDT 2014

Hi,

Just to check (apologies if you know this and I have misunderstood) - SeDiskOperatorPrivilege is about opening Samba File Shares and associated ACLs, not about changing ACLs on the files themselves.  Changing ACLs on arbitrary files requires SeTakeOwnership, and then yes, you still need to own the file to override the DACL.

See: http://www.vionblog.com/manage-samba-permissions-from-windows/

David L