[Samba] winbind bug?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Wed Apr 9 15:08:53 MDT 2014

On 09/04/14 20:53, Rowland Penny wrote:

[SNIP]

> Or more likely a bash script to get the info and then some form of
> windows script to add it to the server, or perhaps the classicupgrade
> script will work.

I would suggest a Perl or Python script that produces an LDIF with the
information in. There are at least Perl modules that make producing an
LDIF a piece of cake. Then feed the LDIF to AD using ldapmodify.

Has the added benefit of having a record of what you did to AD in the
form of the LDIF. Where a script can go screwy in the middle and you
have no idea what happened.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.