[Samba] winbind bug?

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:53:58 MDT 2014

On 09/04/14 20:40, Doug Tucker wrote:

>> Once you do get your head round it, you will wonder why didn't we do
>> it this way all along.
>>
>> Rowland

> Couple more questions!  OK, so in the installation Unix Services 3.5
> it's asking for our "user name mapping" server.  What is it looking
> for here?  I have no idea what to put in.
Being quite honest, never having had to do it, I do not know either,
this may help:
  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sfu/archive/2007/04/19/configuring-user-name-mapping.aspx

If not, I am sure that somebody on here will know.

> Also, once this is installed, is there an easy way to get the unix
> attributes for each user out of our ldap and into the corresponding
> user in AD?
You will need to write a script to extract the info from your LDAP
server and then add this info to your AD,

Or more likely a bash script to get the info and then some form of
windows script to add it to the server, or perhaps the classicupgrade
script will work.

Rowland