[Samba] Book: Implementing Samba 4

Marcelo Leal sunos.x86 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:46:12 MDT 2014

Hi there,

 I would like to point out that Pack Publishing released a new book about
Samba 4 available here:

 http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-samba-4/book

 As is usual for Packt books, it is a practical book and aim to get the
users executing tasks easily/quickly and in an effective manner. I would
say it is not a "Samba Bible" or a "Reference Guide", but should suit new
users/administrators starting to using samba; as well as system
administrators that need to handle Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux servers
but are just familiar with one of them. Experienced samba users should not
benefit from our book, and the same for users seeking for advanced topics
around the subject.

  Please take a time to look at the above link for the book, and take a
look at the description and all the information available on Packt. We
tried to be as specific and clear about the content and target audience for
the book.

 It was a great project, mainly developed just after the first stable
version of the Samba 4, and I do hope we have added some value to the Samba
Community and developers that did bring such awesome project for all of us.

 You can read more info about the book in my blog:
http://www.eall.com.br/blog

 My last post is about the official release and there is a dedicated
section just for the book where you can share your opinion, critics,
comments and any thoughts about our book.

 Last, but not least, in the book's page at Pack site, there is a sample
chapter you can download and get an idea about the book's content:
 http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-samba-4/book

 Hope you enjoy!

-- Leal
[ http://www.eall.com.br/blog ]