[Samba] winbind bug?

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Mon Apr 7 10:18:46 MDT 2014

On 04/07/2014 11:00 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 07/04/14 16:52, Doug Tucker wrote:
>>

>>> I would suggest that you do a large amount of research on the
>>> internet, based around samba, active directory and Unix, it is clear
>>> that you do not know what you are doing.
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>>
>> I admitted that.  Sorry to have bothered the group.  I won't do it
>> again.
> Look, I never said not to bother us again, what I said was to do some
> research, what you are asking is very basic and should be easily found
> on the internet.
>
> Once you have mastered the basics, if you are still having problems,
> then come back again and ask your questions and I am sure that either
> myself or somebody else will try to help you.
>
> Rowland

Rowland, that's all I have done since all this started.  I'm not coming
here until I have literally exhausted every avenue I can find.  Last
week I probably spent 10 hours doing my main job, and the other 30 doing
nothing but reading everything I can find on this subject.  I don't
understand this.  At all.  Unix/ldap is very simple.  I am completely
lost on this AD stuff.  I've never even seen an AD installation in my
life (and I'm not likely to soon).  So basic or not, it does not make
sense to me.    I just need to drop this and get out of everyones hair
and cross my fingers a client update doesn't happen that breaks our
working config until we can get migrated off of windows completely.  I
was just trying to work on a backup plan in case something went terribly
wrong in the meantime.  Again, sorry for the trouble.