[Samba] changing server role = standalone server to 'member server'

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom chrome at real-time.com
Fri Apr 4 12:56:28 MDT 2014

On 04/04 08:41 , L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Remove the "old" dns record from your dns use samba-tool

I don't understand. I don't have a DNS entry for samba-4.ad.example.com,
which is the bit the AD server is responsible for. There is a DNS entry for
samba-4.example.com (served up by a BIND server which the AD server queries
for things other than ad.example.com); but that shouldn't be relevant,
should it?

> this is your error causing this.
> >ads_dns_lookup_ns: 2 records returned in the answer section.
>
> 2 records returned, now samba cant fix it, it dont know which one to fix.
> thats why you need to remove manualy, and maybe multiple times.

Could it be the problem here is that the AD server has both an IPv4 and an
IPv6 address?

# host ad.example.com
ad.example.com has address 192.XXX.XXX.77
ad.example.com has IPv6 address XXXX:XXXX:714d::c04d:714d

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator