[Samba] Migration samba3 -> samba4

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Fri Apr 4 00:57:55 MDT 2014

Hi,

we are still using a setup with openldap + samba3. On the unix systems
we are using ldap for authentication, for all windows clients samba is used.

When we migrate to samba4 what will happen to the unix clients ?
Can they ask the samba4 PDC ?

For an update . are there other Howto's as the
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/samba-tool/domain/classicupgrade/HOWTO

just to get some impression, what has to be done and what might fail.

(we have a little bit more complex setup (different DNS zones,...))

--
Bye,
     Peer